The 84th Legislature will heat up next week, with 29 Committee Hearings scheduled as of today.
Here’s a sampling of bills that are scheduled to be heard:
• Committees on Finance continue their hearings
• Compensatory education allotment funding to provide assistance with child care to students at risk of dropping out of school.
• Testing of students with limited English proficiency
• notifying a parent or guardian whether an employee of a school is appointed school marshal
• the number of dual credit courses or hours in which a public high school student may enroll
• excess undergraduate credit hours at public institutions of higher education
• timely graduation of students in public higher education
• use of money from the permanent fund for health-related programs to provide grants to nursing education programs
• allocation of certain motor vehicle sales tax revenue to the state highway fund and to the uses of that revenue
• dedicating certain revenue derived from the tax imposed on the sale of motor vehicles to the state highway fund
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
• applicability of adverse licensing, listing, or registration decisions by certain health and human services agencies
• the powers and duties of the Health and Human Services Commission and other state agencies, and the licensing of certain health professionals; clarifying certain statutory provisions; authorizing the imposition of fees.
• student loan repayment assistance for certain employees of the Department of Family and Protective Services
• oversight by the Department of State Health Services of hospitals that commit certain violations
• dispute resolution process for certain disputes between the Department of Aging and Disability Services and certain long-term care facilities
• health benefit programs for certain state employees reemployed after military service
ARTICLE V Convention
• issues relating to Article V of the United States Constitution
• unclaimed money by local telephone exchange companies
• recycle and reuse of water in oil and gas production.