1st Cornyn Campaign Tv Ad, “Astonishing”;
RRC Porter Says TX RRC is Hiring Quake Specialist;
Davis Attacks Abbott on Payday Lenders;
DMN: Dunn Provides 99% of Empower Texans’ Funding;
Branch Will Report $4.9M Cash on Hand;
Emmett Backs Simpson over Woodfill for Harris County GOP Chair
Good morning from The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island.
The honeymoon continues. Fortunately for you, dear reader, Suzanne takes a very long time to get ready!
Here’s the end of week brief:
Your absolute must clicks:
> The re-election campaign of U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) released its first TV ad this morning, “Astonishing.”
> Texas Railroad Commissioner David Porter says (behind paywall) the agency is hiring an earthquake specialist.
> DMN reports on gubernatorial candidate and State Sen. Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) attackinggubernatorial candidate and Attorney General Greg Abbott over payday lenders.
> DMN’s Bob Garrett reports on the 99% funding that Empower Texans received from Midland oil man Tim Dunn during a recent fundraising period.
Tweets worth reading:
Dan Branch for Texas AG starts year with $4.9 million cash on hand, campaign announces. #txAG
SPONSOR THIS EMAIL
Email sponsorship (daily, weekly and monthly) is available again beginning January 12, 2014.
– First Lady of Texas Anita Perry cut a PSA urging Texans to get flu shots.
– Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) has appointed outgoing Texas Secretary of State John Steen to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
– House Democratic State Senators are calling for the resignation of Texas Finance Commission chair William White.
– ABJ reports that the Texas Technology Fund invested $17 million in failed startups.
– State Rep. Jason Villalba (R-Dallas) wants hot sauce maker to move to Texas.
2013 / 2014 / 2016:
– TT’s Aman Batheja, reporting for Texas editions of the NYT, calls U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman’s (R-TX) grasp on the Cruz coattails “tenuous.”
– Wash Post’s David Farenthold reported over the weekend on the U.S. Senate primary in Texas, with a focus on Rep. Stcokman’s background.
– The father of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), Rafael Cruz, endorsed challenger Katrina Pierson over incumbent U.S. Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX).
– Texas Comptroller candidate and State Rep. Harvey Hilderbran (R-Kerrville) released the sixth point of this Ten-Point Performance Pledge yesterday, pledging to protect Texans’ personal data.
Other stories of interest:
– Forecast predicts the U.S. oil boom will slow in 2015.
Your Daily Source of Inspiration:
– Gabby Giffords created a new memory for a terrible anniversary.
BLOGS (from the left)
BLOGS (from the right)