Cruz, Davis Among TIME Magazine’s 46 POY Finalists;
Ethics Questions Raised for Two Texas Congressmen;
Wide Ranging Glenn Beck Interview with Sen. Cornyn;
Cruz Foreign Policy Magazine op ed on Iran
Good evening from Austin.
Here’s the short holiday week brief:
Your absolute must clicks:
> TIME Magazine has announced 46 finalists for Person of the Year, and Wendy Davis and Ted Cruzmade the cut.
> AP reports on ethics questions surrounding Congressmen Beto O’Rourke (D-TX) and Steve Stockman (R-TX).
> Glenn Beck had a wide ranging interview with U.S. Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) on Monday.
> U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has an op ed on the Iranian nuclear deal for Foreign Policy Magazine.
– A contentious Senate Committee on Natural Resources hearing was held on Monday on the subject of the Public Utility Commission and a proposed overhauling of the state’s wholesale electricity market. Here’s the Reuters report on State Sen. Troy Fraser’s (R-Horseshoe Bay) comments.
Other stories of interest:
– Tesla Motors finishes Texas leg of re-charging network.
– Ron Burgundy will co-host ESPN’s Sportscenter on Dec. 5.
– The LA Lakers just signed 35-year old Kobe Bryant to a two-year extension worth $48.5M.
– 2A Refugio QB Travis Quintinilla broke the state career record for TD passes (previously set by Graham Harrell) and will likely break the career yards record this weekend. But they’ve consistently run up the score.
– The case for “Sunday Night Football” as the best program on TV.
– Sure seems like the Buffalo Bills will move to Toronto after their 95 year-old owner passes away.
– So maybe Bon Jovi isn’t trying to buy the Buffalo Bills.
– The wife of Nick Saban speaks.
– Did you expect something different from Bears fans? (Browns fans behave the same way, only naked.)
BLOGS (from the left)
BLOGS (from the right)