Wash Post on Cruz’s Return to Texas; Abbott & Davis Support Prop. 6;
Haaretz on Perry & Sandoval; Sebelius in Austin Fri;
Davis Criticizes Obamacare Rollout
Good evening from Montgomery County, Texas.
Late again — but earlier than the past two days.
Here are your must reads for today:
> Washington Post’s Karen Tumulty reports on U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz’s return to Texas.
> The likely two major party nominees for Texas Governor support Prop 6, the Water Fund.
> Haaretz notes that two potential 2016 candidates, Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX) and Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-NV) were together in Israel.
> HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will be in Austin Friday.
> Gubernatorial candidate and State Sen. Wendy Davis (D-Fort Worth) criticizes the Obamacare rollout, calling the glitches “inexcusable.”
– NPR reports on Prop. 6.
2013 / 2014 / 2016:
– Ted Nugent has signed on as Treasurer for the Agricultural Commissioner candidate and former State Rep. Sid Miller (R-Stephenville).
– TT / KUT reports on the special election for HD-50.
Other stories of interest:
– Southwest Airlines’ third quarter profits are up.
– HEB plans a $100 million expansion in downtown San Antonio.
– ABJ reports on Houston expanding ubran rail and AUstin considering it.
– Did Brett Favre turn down the St. Louis Rams?
Today’s Source of Inspiration:
– An impressive effort by a small charity.
BLOGS (from the left)
BLOGS (from the right)